Lodge Brothers funeral directors Ham have a wide range of funeral plans as they know how important it is to plan ahead with Pre-Paid Funeral Plans Ham to ensure your family won’t face any extra cost or worries when the time comes – plus they will find comfort in the knowledge that you said goodbye in the way that you wanted.
A Funeral Plan from Lodge Brothers gives you:
- Protection against the rising cost of funerals – secure your plan at TODAY’s prices
- Peace of mind for you and your loved ones
- Personalise your funeral – Say “goodbye” YOUR way
- Personal and Professional service from a fully trained Funeral Arranger
- Guaranteed acceptance – No age or health restrictions
- Monthly payment option – interest-free available
- All funds held in a secure TRUST FUND ready to be paid when the time comes.
When a family member or loved one dies, dealing with estate administration is often the last thing on a person’s mind. We offer an efficient, professional and above all personal service to make your life easier at such a distressing time.
When a person dies leaving a valid Will, the appointed Executors need to apply for a Grant of Probate to administer the Deceased’s estate. If there is no Will, the laws of intestacy apply, and the law sets out which family member is entitled to apply for a Grant of Letters of Administration and administer the estate.
The process of administering an estate is commonly known as probate and involves:
- ascertaining the value of the Deceased’s assets and liabilities;
- dealing with the Inland Revenue Inheritance Tax return;
- preparing the probate papers;
- applying to the Probate Registry for the Grant of Probate or Grant of Letters of Administration; and
- collecting in the assets of the estate and settling the liabilities once the Grant is received.
Probate will be required to sell or transfer a house, sell or transfer shares and in most cases to close bank accounts. The assistance required by the Executors will depend on the finances of the Deceased, the terms of the Will, the family circumstances and how much work the Executors are willing or able to do.
OUR PROBATE SERVICES
Lodge Brothers Legal Services offer 3 levels of service to suit your requirements.
Fixed Fee from £250 (£300 inc. VAT):
- Executors prepare all probate forms;
- Executors make a personal application to the probate registry;
- We will check the forms are completed correctly; and
- Responsibility for the application remains with Executors.
Fixed Fee from £750 (£900 inc. VAT) plus disbursements:
- Executors responsible for registering death with all asset holders;
- Executors establish the assets and liabilities at date of death; and
- We will complete the probate papers, Inheritance tax forms and apply for the Grant of Probate.
Fixed Fee from £1,500 (£1,800 inc. VAT ) plus disbursements: This is our most complete service which will relieve you of the heavy burden of dealing with the estate when your thoughts are elsewhere.
- It ensures that probate is obtained quickly and efficiently.
- We will register the death certificate with the asset holders;
- We will ascertain the date of death assets and liabilities of the estate; and
- We will complete all the probate papers, Inheritance Tax forms and apply for the Grant of Probate.